Breaking News

The Mind Victor


BOGEYMAN

Rains of doubt pounded hard on the earth of my heart;
"Bam, Bam" was what I heard from within.
I'd done my part!
From where then was this coming?

Bogeyman's darkness crept up on me;
mirrored all that I never want to be:
A drunken derelict; a fine failure;

Afraid. I's afraid!
His voice crept from nowhere:
"You will fail!"
His sinister laughter filled everywhere:
"Ho-ho-ho-ha-ha-ha!!!"

He would bounce upon my soul
and slay all the confidence I had.

Until I realized Bogeyman was from nowhere.
He was from nowhere...
There was no bogeyman anywhere
save the one I'd placed everywhere.

I had only built him a house in my mind.
So, I destroyed the house.
Bogeyman went away with all his pictures
of doom, gloom and more doom.

And boom!
I boomed!


#IAmWorshipholic
#Poetic
© 2016

No comments